Supported living (ages 60 and over)

Some people call this a 'supported housing scheme' or a 'supported living scheme'.

You can live with other people aged 60 and over in separate flats in the same building, normally with some shared places like a lounge.

This is special housing with support services designed for people 60 or over who need regular support to keep living independently.

The homes and shared areas all have pull cords for emergencies and a dedicated support officer will be on hand in the building at set times each week.

For all of us, getting older can bring a few extra challenges. This doesn't mean, however, we can't still live in our own home, with our own front door. But it does often mean we need extra help.